Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall is in the air!



It's that time of year--when I pull on a jacket or sweater, dust off my boots, knit a scarf or two. Days are shorter and nights are longer. It's a time for movies and good books and cozy meals with friends. I savor the change. Each season offers its own gift. I'm blessed to live near the Pacific Ocean, beautiful foothills, ever-changing farmland and centuries-old redwood trees--each creation reminding me of THE Creator--our loving and always-faithful God.

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

Hi Karen, I also live near the Pacific Ocean, about an hour and forty minutes. That seems like a long drive but it really isn't when you can view God's beautiful handiwork like the forest, the mountains, and countryside.

Like you say, each has its own draw a beauty. Long time since I've seen the Redwoods. Gorgeous. . .and huge.

You have to put a sweater on in California? LOL. Mom used to knit but mostly crocheting. I still have some of her stuff she made. She's crocheting for Jesus right now.

You have fun while away.

GBY

Jim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home