Sunday, May 24, 2009

How does your garden grow?



I spent part of this week gardening, tending roses in particular. They are magnificent this year. When I look at them I could weep. They are so pretty, so humble, so who they are. I want to be like them--blooming where I'm planted and giving glory to God by simply being. I also appreciate the wild flowers in the hills above the Pacific Ocean near our home. I went hiking on Friday with my friend Sherry and we enjoyed looking at fields of colorful blooms high above the rocky cliffs. In the water below the seals and their pups frolicked in the waves or sunned themselves on the rocks. Nature is so healing. I want to return to this place often.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 AM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

Sounds very relaxing Karen. I love the beach and anyplace close to it. I'd love to live there. Of course half of the fun is looking forward to going there and if I lived there. . .

(I'd still love to live there. LOL)

Have a great day and week

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Karen... I keep forgetting to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and that it was wonderful to meet you at the Writing for the Soul conference this past February. (We ran into one another in the ladies' room :-) As my mentor, your influence on my writing was, and continues to be, very important to me. Thank you for all you did--and all you continue to do through your insightful and beautifully-written (and photographed) blog entries.

Blessings,
Deb Harper

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Moonine Sue Watson said...

That's sounds like a wonderful place to be. I'd love to show my husband Northern California one day. He thinks all of California is like downtown LA. It sounds beautiful to me. We're sweltering under 100 plus temperatures for the past two weeks down here in Texas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home