Saturday, July 18, 2009

Christian Booksellers Convention Update





I had a great time in Denver, walking the convention floor to see all the new books being published, including mine! I also attended the Pearl Girls Tea and was a guest speaker. Please check out this worthy ministry at www.pearlgirls.info. The founder is Margaret McSweeney, compiling editor of a new book of touching personal experience stories from a variety of women. All proceeds will go to two nonprofit organizations, one to help dig wells in Africa for people in need of fresh, clean water and for a group in Chicago that houses mothers and children who are fleeing from domestic abuse. More info available on the web site. Pictures here include one of me with my writing student Renetta, author Camy Tang, my friend and romance writer at her book signing, and my friend Jeanne, recipient of the Pearl Girls special prize.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 AM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

Looks like you had a great time Karen. A side benefit gets you away from the dishes and such, huh?! I bet you missed it all though. God bless you Karen and I hope the convention was fruitful for you, if anything a relaxing time doing what you love to do -- help people.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Cher'ley said...

I can't message you yet on twitter. I love your books and your sense of humor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home