Saturday, June 06, 2009

Writing and Baking





Spent a week in Ohio with my daughter Julie (a writer, speaker, teacher) and her children. Julie and I worked at the kitchen table clicking away while 12-year-old granddaughter Caitrin prepared the dough for vegan cinnamon rolls. Then she and I pounded and rolled and filled and cut and baked and enjoyed them for breakfast the next morning. All that work and they disappeared in seconds. Caitrin and her older sister and one of her brothers are committed vegans. This recipe is to die for, as they say. Check it out for yourself at veganyumyum.com.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

Boy can I relate to that Karen. I remember, when we were still married and the kids were home, I used to cook once a month for the family. I enjoyed cooking for them but on a regular basis. . .

If I couldn't say the title of the meal, that's what I'd cook. Gourmet meals is what I shot for. Most turned out pretty fair.

Sometimes the meals were a little spicy or rich for them and they'd be appreciative but I notice that some of the meal was spread around making the plate look more empty than it actually was. I never did that when I was little (LOL).

Anyway, I said all of that to say that I'd work on the meal for two to four hours and it was all gone in fifteen to twenty minutes. Depending on how you look at it, that can be a good thing or a not so good thing.

I mean that's a lot of time to spend on a hot stove to have it disappear in fifteen minutes.

It gave me a new respect for the real cook of the family. She did it every day - THREE TIMES. Wow.

This brought back some memories Karen, thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home