Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Day in the Garden



Sunday is a day of worship and rest--and today, gardening, as well. Charles and I are preparing our yard for summer. What a pleasure it is. We both got our hands in the dirt and loved it. We are planting purple, pink, yellow and red flowers, dressing up my prayer garden and speaking encouragement to every little root, leaf, and bloom. Each plant is now a part of our family and we welcome them. As I stood back and admired the colors and textures and shapes I burst into prayer. How great is our God to surround us with such beauty and humility. These little ones have just one job--bloom where they are planted, thereby worshiping the God who made them. Can I do any less?

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

How can anyone say that there is no God. His majesty is displayed everywhere around us: in a sunset, in a snow covered peek, the trees in springtime, a star lit night, a new born baby, and even a beautiful array of flowers. Those are pretty flowers Karen. I don't have a green thumb at all. So I can respect those who can take a mound of dirt and a seed and turn it into what you picture here. Your closing thought was good a word sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home