Monday, February 28, 2005

Beautiful Betsy

What a lovely time I shared with Betsy last night. I know she prefers to be called Elizabeth but I love the name Betsy–the name her family has used since she was a baby. But she's not little any longer. She' s a lovely 18-year-old and we have bonded as friends. I feel blessed to have her in my life and to be in hers. We enjoyed sharing our lives through her poetry and my writing and albums and photos, followed by a delicious dinner, and then we attended a phenomenal concert by the San Diego Master Chorale performed at a local church. We both love to sing and we appreciate sacred as well as classical music. It's amazing to me how the age difference between two people doesn't matter when you meet a soul mate!

Today was special too, as I joined my friend Helen for a visit to an elementary school in the country where I spoke on 'A Day in the Life of a Real Author.' The children were so receptive to my presentation. They were attentive, interested, and had plenty of insightful questions. It is a privilege to be part of this annual "Meet The Author" program. Who'd have guessed when I was a little girl that I'd be doing such a thing? But maybe it's not so unexpected after all. I've always loved books! And I have always had a heart for children.

I have much to be thankful for--and I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home