Monday, February 14, 2005

Prayer

I prayed a lot this week–short prayers in the middle of the night, sentence prayers as I went about my day, pleading prayers when I felt frustrated, prayers of thanks and love when I remember whose in control!

What would I do if I could not talk to my God in prayer? Actually, I know, because I lived most of my life outside prayer–except the kind you say that are printed in a book. And for me those don't count for much. I like to talk to God in my own words and listen for his own words to me.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM , Blogger Aroma of Christ said...

Isn't prayer wonderful? My prayer life was really enriched after suffering from an illness called Multiple Chemical Sensitivity where I was housebound much of the time for a couple years. It was then that I learned to rely on God through prayer. I was able to use the time as a ministry to pray for others as well. What a blessing, and what a joy to be used by God even from my sickbed. Janine Ridings www.aromaofchrist.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home