Friday, January 21, 2005

Good For The Soul

Walking is as good for my soul as praying or singing or dancing or reading. Today I really indulged myself. I walked in the morning with Susan and in the afternoon with Glenda.

On Tuesday I walked with Rose Marie. Tomorrow I'm walking with Amye and next week with Liz. Walk and talk, talk and walk. I love it. I'm not the 'let's meet for lunch' kind of gal. If someone wants to get together with me I suggest a walk–no food allowed (except food for the soul). And we have plenty of that here in San Diego. There are miles and miles of walkways along the beach, around the Bay, in and out of public parks, and along the streets of tree-lined neighborhoods.

When I'm stuck in my work or in a funk over a relationship, there's nothing like a walk to clear my mind, heal my heart, and settle my soul.

I'm sitting here tonight grateful for two legs that love to walk–that rarely complain–that have kept me moving for several decades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home