Sunday, February 20, 2005

Beautiful Colorado

My husband Charles and I spent an extended weekend in Colorado Springs at the elegant Broadmoor Hotel for the Jerry B. Jenkins "Writing for the Soul" writers' conference. We arrived home late this afternoon and just finished sorting mail, catching up on e-mail and phone messages, and stocking our empty pantry and fridge!

We had a corner room on the 8th floor, providing a panormaic view of the Rockies, Pike's Peak, and the valley below with acres of pine trees. One day it snowed, covering everything in sight--including us as we walked round the grounds! Not enough to make snowballs, but enough to enjoy. Saturday was balmy, then sunny, and then rainy--all within a couple of hours. Today it was in the upper 60s with blue skies and warm sunshine! I did not want to leave.

The conference was a true writer's retreat--plenty of time to rest, learn, socialize, and contemplate. I have come home refreshed and rejuvenated, eager to get to the keyboard tomorrow morning to explore my next project--a book of true inspirational stories for Regal Books.

I also learned tonight (on one of the phone messages) that I won a contest for an article I wrote for Highlights for Children Magazine last year. I will get the details tomorrow when I phone the editor. "The news will make your day!" she said. I can hardly wait. That's all for tonight. I go to bed with a grateful heart and a spirit that has been fueled with creativity and appreciation for the gift of writing that God has given me.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Congratulations, Karen! I'm tickled for you regarding your news!

Blessings,
Joan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home