Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Are Ideas Really a Dime a Dozen?

I'm not sure. If it's true, I'm disappointed because I work hard to come up with mine. If it's not true, then I feel a lot better about the time and energy I invest in garnering my ideas. It feels like a more worthy pursuit if one has to 'sweat' a bit.

Tonight I had dinner with the vice president of editorial and the acquisitions editor of one the publishing companies I work with. We talked ideas for two hours over dinner. What a wonderful exchange of creative thinking and musing and discussing and choosing.

If ideas were all that it took to write and publish a book, I'd be overwhelmed and so would the publisher! But ideas are not the only components. On the other hand, without a good idea, we don't have a book.

So here's to GOOD ideas, however they appear, wherever they come from. They're worth so much more than a dime a dozen. Actually, a really GOOD idea is not for sale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home