Thursday, February 24, 2005

Awards and Rewards

This week I've had many unexpected blessings! I was a guest on two radio shows to discuss two of my books–one on stepparenting with a delightful host who was very interested in the topic since she married a man with eight children!! And the other to talk about my forthcoming book, Addicted to Shopping and Other Issues Women Have With Money.

I was invited to speak to a group of nurses here in San Diego in October.

I found out my book Gettin' Old Ain't For Wimps is selling about 4,000 copies per month.

AND I learned on Monday that I have won the Paul A. Witty Award from the International Reading Association for an article I wrote for Highlights For Children Magazine about my experience and relationship with a Kurdish family here in San Diego. I had no idea my article, "Free At Last" was even being considered. The editor sent it in to the competition. This award is an honor for me–as well as for the magazine.

I am feeling humble and very grateful!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger shannon said...

Yes, you ARE an inspiration, Karen. I see your name everywhere--you're a busy, dedicated writer and teacher. I wish I'd had a chance to talk more with you last year at Mount Hermon. Maybe next year!

shanno @ wind scraps

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home