Thursday, January 06, 2005

Clean Scene

I spent the day working on a proposal for a new book. I'm excited about it and noticed that the exercise of 'blogging' has helped my creativity. When I free my mind of the 'stuff' that's in the way through this journaling process, I can then soar with the ideas I want to set down and work with.

After six hours, it's time for a break. I'm going to do something physical. I had my walk today so I'll now turn to cleaning our condo. I'm going to dust, mop the tile floors, tidy the bathrooms, and maybe vacuum. If I don't finish everything today, there's always tomorrow. I won't exhaust myself like I used to. I've learned to pace the tasks. It's not as though the dust is going away if I don't take care of it!

The art and act of house-cleaning has made me more aware of my home, my possessions, my treasures, and the necessities that keep my life running smoothly. As I touch things and move them and freshen them up I feel grateful all over again--for the people in the photos, for the artists whose talent is displayed in the paintings on the wall, for the craftsmen (and women) who wove our carpet, put together our computers, built our furniture, laid the tile, etc.

I'm also thankful for the physical strength to do what needs doing. I have strong legs and hands and a good mind and a body that is flexible and willing to work. All things for which to thank God--and so I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home