Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



I didn't wear green today--but many of my friends did when we met for our weekly hike at a park in Santa Cruz, California, near where I live. Irish is written all over my face so I don't need the 'green.' All my grandparents were born in Dublin--so a part of the old sod is within me and under me. I hope I get to see it in person before I go to heaven. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the green hills behind our home, reminiscent of the photos I've seen of Ireland.

And today I was also reminded of a sweet experience my daughter Julie and I shared years ago, written up on her blog today, "Irish Rambles." Check it out, if you wish. http://julieunplugged.blogspot.com/2009/03/irish-rambles.html

It's wonderful when a daughter remembers something special about her mother!! The photo to the left is of Julie and me (I'm wearing green there, you'll notice) on my birthday last year.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours much love, peace, and happiness!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home