Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sleepover at Grammy's!




Oh to be ten again and to have a sleepover at your grandmother's house with your best friend, where Grammy waits on you hand and foot, you have your own room, tv and computer, and the undivided attention of your grandparents. That was my granddaughter Mairin's experience Friday night. And it was my pleasure to be the grandma doing the serving. I never had a living grandmother when I was a child so I am relishing BEING one. We played card games and dominoes, visited the public library, went to the movies, had waffles for breakfast, and took a neighborhood walk. Such fun. These days will never pass this way again, so I am making the most of them and loving every minute.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Blogger Moonine Sue Watson said...

There's nothing better than being a grandmother and spending time with grandchildren. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. You're right to grab the joy while you can. They grow up just like your children did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home