Thursday, November 06, 2008

President-Elect Barack



Here I am with our new President, though he was wearing a cardboard suit when I met him!! While in Sonoma last week my husband parked the car on a street full of shops and galleries so we could take a leisurely walk. When we got out I realized we were standing in front of an Obama Campaign Office. Couldn't resist having Charles take my photo with Mr. Pres. I hope I get to shake his real hand one day!

It has been an historic couple of days. How blessed we are to live in such a time as this. I feel very grateful to be an American and to look ahead to what God has for us through our new president and his associates.

I also thank God for President Bush and his family. I hope he and Laura can now enjoy a time of peace and rest after serving our country for eight years.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Hi Karen,

I love your story about reaching for the stars. Reminds me of myself. I had a third grade teacher who submitted my first story to the local newspaper, and it was published. I've wanted to be a writer ever since.

I recently graduated from Long Ridge, and you were my writing mentor. Since graduation, I've had 10 devotionals published. I didn't make your 12 that first year, but 10 is close.

God bless you.

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home