Saturday, August 09, 2008

He Can See Clearly Now!



My husband Charles had cataract surgery in his right eye last week. The left is scheduled for mid-September. I am thrilled--maybe more than he is. True, he can already see more clearly now--but wait till both eyes are done. He will no longer be able to beg off wiping down his bathroom sink, or the granite countertop in the kitchen or the hardwood floor or the carpet under the chair where he sits watching TV and shelling peanuts!

Charles: "Sorry, honey, I didn't see that or I'd have taken care of it."

Karen: "Well now you can, honey. You'll soon have 20-20 vision and I can take a few minutes off each day cuz you'll be cleaning up the breakfast crumbs, peanut shells, and toothpaste drizzles.

Yeah! Who would have thought that a bit of surgery could turn a marriage around. Here's to another 25 years.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

Love it Karen! I'm so happy for Charles . . . and for you! LOL.

Sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home