Thursday, October 09, 2008

Profiles in Courage--As We Age






Last Saturday my husband Charles and I went to Roaring Camps (a railroad and station from the 1880s, preserved for current-day visitors) to begin celebrating his 80th birthday--one of many celebrations planned. Charles is from an old railroad family so it was a thrill for him to ride the train, chat with the conductor and sit in the locomotive. We also enjoyed having our artist friend Debbie sketch our profiles! Charles will turn 80 on Oct. 11! I turned 70 in April. Yikes! But life is full and good and we're happy and grateful.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger Lavonda Pflug said...

What a lovely day! It's so nice to get to spend a day like that with your beloved. May you celebrate many more birthdays together.
I'd like you to post a comment on my blog bragging on your spouse. I'm hoping to collect a lot of positive comments from readers about the ones they are married to. Thanks!
Lavonda
www.writeforhim.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home