Thursday, October 02, 2008

Starting From Scratch



Here is a book I wish I had had when I was starting from scratch many years ago after my long marriage ended. Authors Sharon M. Knudson and Mary Fran Heitzman have gathered together the true-life experiences of 23 women who started over when it was all they could do. Their stories will inspire and motivate you or someone you know to take up life again and make it even better than it was. They also have included recipes, encouraging scripture verses, and lessons learned. This is a must-read for any woman in need of hope and healing when she finds herself single again.

Starting From Scratch When You're Single Again published by Christian Life, 2008.

5 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Blogger jeneal said...

Wow! This sounds like the perfect book for me. After my husband died last year I had to dispose of most of our things so I could move in with, and care for, his elderly mother. My entire life changed. I have truly started from scratch.

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Conversing with Carol said...

Since I'm the second comment I'll have to look for this book in the bookstore. After my husband's death almost three years ago, I've also had to learn to start from scratch, sorting, selling, pounding nails, repainting, and caring for many of the details Jerry used to handle.

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Ann Peachman Stewart said...

Interesting that both the comments are from widows. I, too, am in that state after 30 years of marriage. My husband died a year ago this month after fighting heart disease. I likened my experience to a poster I bought of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and her dog, Toto. She is saying to him, "Toto- I don't think we're in Kansas any more." Everything familiar is changed, and I have to learn to live in Oz, when all I know is Kansas. I will definitely look for this book.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

After forty-two years of marriage my sister's husband not only left her but left her in a hospital bed in traction with no financial support. She loves the Lord with all her heart and puts on a great front and her faith is carrying her through, but she is still only human. I am sure that she could use some help from someone who has been through it, if for anything, a different perspective.

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Diana said...

Just a note to encourage each of you as you journey through this life. I, too, lost a husband in death - 30 years ago on Christmas Eve, when our children were four and six. That same year, my young brother passed away on New Year's Day. With the grace of God, I have survived. May God's blessings surround you with hope and love :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home