Friday, July 25, 2008

Book Lovers!





My husband and I are home from Orlando, Florida where we attended the International Christian Retail Show (Christian Booksellers Association) convention. It was a wonderful few days of meetings, people-watching, delicious meals, excellent fellowship and info about the changing world of book publishing. The economy has definitely impacted publishers and book sellers and, by extension, writers. But I'm keeping in mind that God is in charge. If we do our part, He will do his. So I am back at my keyboard––keyed up about new opportunities.

While there, we enjoyed listening to our good friend and well-known speaker, Florence Littauer, as keynote speaker at an awards banquet. And I celebrated with my friend Claudia Ward at her autograph signing for her first published book, WHO SAYS A WOMAN CAN'T CHANGE? 8 WAYS TO PROVE SHE CAN (Wine Press). And I enjoyed having lunch and meetings with the staff of Harvest House, publisher of my latest book and the series behind it, THE GOLDEN YEARS AIN'T FOR WIMPS.

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

Karen, So glad you and Charles could go. I couldn't but heard that things are indeed different there. I'll hope to go another year and see you!

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Conversing with Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful time sharing, celebrating, and marketing, Karen. I'm proud of you and so glad to have you as my writing mentor. God is good!

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joy to see you and Claudia together. You are such an encourager; to her and to me. I'll bet you had a lot of fun. One of these days I'll be there too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home