Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sisters



Here's my younger sister, June, standing in my kitchen fixing food during a recent visit. She and her husband Harry just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary--no small accomplishment in this era of short relationships and quick divorces. Today I'm reflecting on our friendship and all the fun we've had as little sisters, teen-age sisters, and now adult sisters. We've stood by one another trudging up the hill, standing on top of the hill, and sliding down the hill. I love you, June, and am grateful for your presence in my life.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

You're not sliding! :) You've settled quite nicely on a plateau.

I'm thankful for my sister, too. And for all my sisters in Christ.

Blessings,
Sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home