Friday, May 30, 2008

A Day in the Life of an Author




Yesterday I visited my granddaughter Mairin's fourth grade classroom to read two of my storybooks LET'S TAKE A WALK ON THE BEACH and LET'S TAKE A WALK IN THE CITY. Mrs. Connie Dean, the teacher, also provided me time to teach the students how to structure a picture book of their own. They decided to write LET'S TAKE A WALK IN THE ZOO. I'm eager to see the result. What a great group of kids. We had fun talking about ideas, thinking up names for the characters, and deciding which sensory details to include. I started my career as a fifth grade teacher right after graduating from college. Since then I've been a visitor to many classrooms but I don't often get to teach a lesson. It was especially fun for me to visit Mairin's classroom. It's a memory we'll both share for years to come.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful mom! Love it. Mairin is lucky to get to share you with her class.

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

How very very fun! I'm smiling!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home