Saturday, February 09, 2008

Prolific Author Dies

One of my beloved 'silent' mentors (Phyllis Whitney) died on Friday at age 104. She continued to write and publish until age 94.
I've read some of her books and learned from her knowledge, especially from her book on writing for young people. Because of her excellent modeling and instruction I went on to write and publish 20 books for children.

If you wish to visit her web site and learn more about her, I encourage you to do so. http://www.phyllisawhitney.com

"I always told myself that when I get old I'll reread all my books, but I never seem to get old," she said at age 79!

Heaven will be a better place with Phyllis Whitney! I look forward to meeting her one day on the other side.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

Thank you for telling me about Phyllis Whitney. What an inspiration to all writers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home