Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dancing IN the New Year!

Happy 2008 everyone! Last night my husband and I watched a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald televised live from Lincoln Center in New York City. In the midst of one romantic jazz ballad after another, I pulled Charles by the hand and said, "Let's dance"--I in my Uggs and Charles in his sneakers. It was one of the closest moments we've ever had. It was sweet and spontaneous. I'll never forget holding my beloved and swaying to the music in front of our fireplace, with embers glowing.

Today is a new day--filled with de-decorating our house, vacuuming Christmas tree needles from the floor, praying for family and friends for blessings in the new year and getting back to business. It was also a special morning for us as we watched our grandson Jacob Bogart perform in the Rose Parade as part of the Lakota West High School Marching Band from West Chester, Ohio.

Let's skip the resolutions this year--and instead commit to living life in the moment, mindful of our responsibilities, of course, but also willing to be spontaneous. Let's dance all year long!

5 Comments:

At 6:50 PM , Blogger justconnie said...

Yes! I love your "non-resolution" and will join you in your dance. This year I sign up for medicare, what better time to learn to live in the moment?
Enjoyed your blog!

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger justconnie said...

Yes! I love your "non-resolution" and will join you in your dance. This year I sign up for medicare, what better time to learn to live in the moment?
Enjoyed your blog!

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger WordyKaren said...

Connie, thanks. I love knowing others want to dance, as well. Here's to kicking up our heels in 2008.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and Charles, Karen! I miss our bi-monthly chats now that I'm not in the CWG course any longer, but I always watch for your blogs! This was another great one with wonderful advice.

Blessings,
Deb Harper

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Hi, Karen! I just happened to stop by and found that you're posting again. Superb! You were the one who started me three years ago (almost to the day, now), and it's been such fun.

Many blessings on your new year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home