Sunday, January 20, 2008

Loving Tanner



Last week I dog and house-sat for my daughter and her family. Tanner, a chocolate lab, and I became very attached to one another. I love him so much. He is friendly, sweet, loves to cuddle and play fetch and also likes to steal my sunhat so I'll chase him around the room to get it back. Best of all he loves to take long walks each morning and evening and play soccer in the backyard in the afternoon. I didn't get much work done while I was there but I sure had fun and so did he. It is amazing the lessons a dog can teach without saying a word. His devotion humbled me. His affection inspired me. His obedience blessed me. Oh that I would be towards God as Tanner was toward me. I shall remember what I observed and felt from him as I turn my heart to the Lord each day, renewing my love and adoration and gratitude.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

Tanner is so cute! He looks like a lovable dog! Now you can live vicariously through your daughter--you can play with Tanner (and the grandkids), then go home. :)

How fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home