Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Practical!




We've gone 'practical' this year. Instead of giving one another gifts on Christmas Day my husband and I decided to shop AFTER the holidays to take advantage of sales. We bought each other matching heating pads for our beds and matching throw rugs for our bathroom floor. I'm laughing as I write this, but in truth, it's just what we both wanted and needed. But more important, by delaying our gift exchange we focused on the real meaning of Christmas on the day itself. Jesus came to save and to heal. We are so grateful for this--the greatest gift of all.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea. My husband and I have often talked about waiting until after Christmas to purchase each other gifts, too. The children, of course, can't wait, though....

It's great to read about the Christian writer's conference, too. I'm considering registering for it.
Susan, Santa Maria, CA
http://www.susanfriesen.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home