Monday, August 06, 2007

New Front Yard

Today Charles is out front directing traffic! A large skipload of pavers will arrive shortly. We're finally 'doing' our front yard landscape after mulling it over for nearly a year. The builder provided every new house owner a few plants and some 'gorilla hair' to keep down the weeds, which was fine for a few months, but now we're ready for grass and flowers and bushes and pretty pavers to line the planter areas. I want lots of color. We looked at roses and hibiscus and begonias yesterday at the nursery. I want them all. They are so beautiful. But I have to make some choices. That's what life's about, right? Constant choices. I like the opportunity to choose, but there's always a bit of stress involved--at least for me. I want to make the kind I won't regret. But how realistic is that? Not very. So for today I am grateful to have a life that offers choices, a God who guides my thinking so I'll do my best, and the chance to re-choose if I get myself in a pickle. Meanwhile, I can hardly wait to get my hands in the dirt and to watch something living and lovely take root in my yard and trust me for its care.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Wall said...

Sounds like you're really busy! I love flowers too - just not the weeding that must be done to keep them beautiful. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home