Wednesday, July 18, 2007

From the Garden

I'm back and it feels good. I haven't posted in over a year. During the interim my husband and I got caught in the snare of selling our condo in San Diego and moving to a new house on the Central Coast of California to be closer to part of our family. We're in now, settled, happy, and making a new life. The best part is having a garden with flowers and a bird bath, and a climbing rose bush. We bought an outdoor table with matching chairs, a big umbrella that offers plenty of shade, and lots of pots for annuals. I'm surprised at how much I love getting my hands in the dirt, trimming trailing vines, picking out the weeds, and then sitting back and simply looking at the wonder of it all. Birds abound--and so do ants! But it's okay. I can be friends with all God's creatures. Today I'm grateful, very grateful for all of it. I have a new window on the world now and I love what I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home