Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two by Two



I'm sitting across from my husband this morning in our shared home office and giving thanks that we made it this far in life--together. It's a good season. We've downsized (as in the title of my newest book THE UPSIDE OF DOWNSIZING), we're enjoying grandchildren and adult children, we're content with one another (flaws and all) and we are excited about some new adventures on our calendar, including a weekend in Sacramento for our granddaughter Shevawn's choir competition, a week-long vacation in Washington, DC, and a trip to the Midwest to visit extended family. I'm also going to June Lake in the Sierra Mountains for an all-gals' camping and hiking trip in July. Each day is precious and I'm paying extra attention to that truth as I lift my head and hands to God in praise and gratitude.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger julia said...

I love the line, "content with each other (flaws and all)"! What a great place to be, eh? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home