Monday, January 17, 2011

Miles of Smiles



Here's some tile art by my seven-year-old grandson Miles. He and I usually spend part of a day together each week. Last Friday he came up with this and I'm proud to share it. I love watching my grandkids express their talent--whether in art, dance, acting, surfing, or fashion design. "Real joy," says Sir Wilfred Grenfell, "comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile." What could be more worthwhile than to display and bless others with our unique gifts? And to encourage our children and grandchildren to do the same?

6 Comments:

At 7:53 PM , Blogger Pain SUX said...

That's so cute. I love those kind of educational toys for my kiddos. They don't even realize that they are using their thinking skills and learning things while they are playing and building cool stuff!!

~Steph
4 the LUV of SaNiTy

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger chelsea said...

Nice work! Keep it up.


Office 2010 | Internet Marketing Services

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Pearlyred's Trails.... said...

hay there Karen, I like your blog and added it to mine. I am an inspiring writer. My hs teacher Ms. Garrett(RIP) told me I had a creative mind so now I'm trying to do it as a career. please add me as a follower so that I can get exposure for my blog also..thanks and happy writing and God bless u and yours! Julie

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger WordyKaren said...

Thanks everyone, for visiting my blog. It's good to know someone is reading what I write!

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger bnicd1 said...

never let experience misplace our youth.


"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future" -JFK

awesome, to know there are more than my just my GRAND PARENTS encouraging creative expression through love and acceptance.

God bless.

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Samedia said...

Very cool. We liked your blog so much we added it to our bloglink page
http://tradebloglinks.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home