Sunday, August 29, 2010

Being Real



My husband and I faced some challenges this weekend--personality clashes, misunderstandings, outbursts over nothing important. We tackled each one, talked it out, apologized, and moved on. But they hurt! I don't like these chapters in our love story. I like the cozy, happy, lovey-dovey ones. However, after 27 years together I'm committed to 'being real.' I sleep better when I'm real. I communicate better when I'm real. I love better when I'm real. I like myself and my partner better when I'm real. I feel closer to God when I'm real. And that's what matters most to me.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger James Lindquist said...

I like the word "challenges." Its a better word than "argument," not that you were.) You have a good attitude Karen. And since you worked it out, I am believing that Charles does as well.

I debated to even comment on this post but maybe by hearing someone else, you wouldn't feel alone.

I like your "when I'm real" comments. I understand that to mean "When I'm honest." Honesty really counts in a relationship/marriage. So many people (me included) don't really say what they mean and leave the subtext to the other person -- unless they are real.

Don't know what happened in my marriage. It is just one day I was married and the next day I wasn't.

When my dad was alive, he said something that hurt me "big time." I blew up. I could not stop it from happening. It was like an out of body experience.

After he died, I thought about that incident and I don't know if it was the Lord or not but I heard in my spirit, "What was it worth?" Woe!

All challenges/arguments/discussions in any relationship, "What's it worth?" Especially when I looked down on him in his final resting place.

Hope this isn't too much info or babbling.

You had some good words of wisdom Karen -- BE REAL. :-)

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

I LOVE this picture of you and Charles! :) So cute. Yes, being real with our feelings/thoughts is important. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home