Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me! (Oh no! Seven-O)








Today I turned 70! But I celebrated early by going to San Francisco with my sister June and my two daughters, Julie and Erin, for an all-girls' weekend, April 4-6. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I can't imagine a better time. We laughed, talked, stayed up late, slept in, ate wonderful food, rode the trolley, walked city streets, and saw a play, etc. It was truly special.

I feel blessed to be good friends with my adult children and with my sister. This is one of the great rewards of growing up and growing old by God's grace. I simply want to enjoy them, love them, and share life with them. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of family and friendship.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Moonine Sue Watson said...

Happy Birthday. What a great way to spend your birthday with your family in San Francisco!

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Sherry Kyle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I'm so glad you had an amazing weekend with 'the girls.'

I enjoyed our time together on Monday to celebrate YOU . . . my friend and writing mentor!

This is going to be a great year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home