Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Time Out



I've been gone for nearly a week, visiting various people and places in Southern California--taping a radio show for American Family Living in Orange, visiting our son in Calabasas, relatives in San Diego and friends from our former church when we lived in that city. And the last night we spent with my sister June and her husband Harry in Riverside. It was a time of fun, family, and friends. We're especially grateful to our 'sister' Glenda who hosted us while we were in Pacific Beach. A few weeks ago she visited us. The photo of Glenda and me here is in front of my house. Charles and I enjoyed playing Monopoly with Glenda and her daughter (our adopted granddaughter) Sarah, trimming their tree, and sitting around talking and relaxing together. It's always good to be home but it's also good to get away. I gain perspective and deepen my sense of gratitude. I lead a blessed life and I'm thankful for it. And I'm also grateful for the wonderful people who share their lives with me.

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Blogger Lavonda Pflug said...

Gee, I wish I would have known you were in Riverside, so close. I would have loved to have met you, just to shake your hand and say I had met my CWG mentor -- in person. That would have been cool for me, a one time chance you know.

Oh well. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your sis. My sis is extra special to me. I hope to see her sometime around Christmas.
Lavonda

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just caught up on all your post. Thanks for the b-day one so long ago! It's neat to see a photo of Glenda. Glad you had such a good time in southern CA.

Love,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home