Monday, October 22, 2007

Giving Thanks!



Charles and I wanted to decorate--just a little for Halloween--maybe a pumpkin or two. Then we saw THIS one and had to have it for it says it all for both of us. Give Thanks. And it will carry us right into the next holiday--Thanksgiving. The older I get the more aware I become of all the blessings God has poured out and the more grateful I am. Today I'm sad too at the news of the terrible fires in Southern California, especially in the San Diego area not far from where we once lived. I remember the ravages of the fires of four years ago. This year's are even worse and some of our family members have been evacuated. It's a scary time--a time when only prayer and grace can see people through such devastation. I pray they will turn to God for what only He can provide.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Karen,

What a wonderful pumpkin and a great way to celebrate this time of year. I'm so sorry about your family members; I will keep them in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home