Monday, January 03, 2005

A Word for the New Year

Each year I choose a 'word for the year.' Joy, gratitude, praise have been a few of them. The year I chose 'praise' I kept a 'praise journal' for twelve months. I looked forward each day to going to my journal and recording my praise thoughts to God. It was one of the best years of my life!

The year I chose joy I found myself living in a more joyful state. Amazing–the power of one's word!

This year my word is PEACE. It came to me a few days before the dawn of 2005. I realized that more than anything else this year, I want my life to be filled with peace--regardless of the circumstances. I plan to move at a slower, more deliberate pace, take time to truly experience each action, to really 'be' with the people in my life--from family and friends to students and strangers. It's paying off already. I'm even chewing my food more slowly and peacefully!! (My digestive system is quite happy about this.)

I used to think of peace as something unattainable, yet worth hoping for, praying for, and working toward in my own small way... Now I know that peace does start with me (and that's not just a cliche or lyrics to a song). It's true--if I make it so. And so I start this year dedicating myself to peace. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I'm eager to find out. But I'm peaceful--even while I'm eager!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home